Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Getting Better at Reading People


Last week I saw  two people wearing cool shoes - one at a clothing store and one at a coffee shop.  I didn't get a good vibe from either one of those women but I wanted to see what I've learnt from my negative experiences from asking the wrong people.

The first lady was wearing some trail shoes.  They Asics, dark grey, hilighted with a hot-pink logo.  She also had a very feminine stantz.  I approached her and complimented on her shoes.  She told me she runs, they're comfortable, and she gets the same ones all the time.  I walked away for a quick couple of minutes and when I turned around, she was gone.  I think she thought I was up to no good.  I felt bad but I had to confirm my gut.  I was right.  That's 1 for 1.

The next lady was sitting in a coffee shop, browsing away on her laptop.  She had some sky-blue Saucony's on.  I don't know what it was but I also didn't get a good vibe from her just from observation.  It wouldn't be obvious to someone without experience but it was noticeable to me.  I wanted to confirm my gut feeling again.  I approached her and complimented on her shoes.  She was happy and she told me that was the only shoe that fit her properly.  She didn't intend to buy them for the looks.  She pretty much told me that she usually doesn't go for bright colours.

Anyways, b/c she was kind of "tickled" by the compliment, I figured:  *What the heck.  Just ask so you don't have to wonder.*  I did and I'm glad I did.  I told her about my hobby but it didn't open her up.  Instead, she got a little uptight but tried her best to say no w/o being a bitch about it.  I told her that I sometimes I have to go through the no's before getting to the yes'.  She understood and I left her alone.  I was able to confirm my gut feeling again.  That's 2 for 2.  As a bonus confirmation to my gut feel, even my dad could tell from a distance that the lady doesn't appear to be very friendly.  He said she has that angry look in her eyes but she isn't necessarily a bad person.  He thinks perhaps if she knew me, she'd commit to my request.  I'd have to agree with him.



Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!