Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Monday, November 9, 2015

As If Creative Arts wasn't Hard Enough


By now you've probably seen my shoe design and the process it takes to get the look you want.  What if I told you that there is even more to it than that?  What if I told you that the changes in the shape and structure was necessary to fit certain needs of the person who's going to buy your shoe?  It could be used for running, walking, a person with high arching feet, a person who's feet over-pronates, etc.  What if those structural changes require you to change your colour and design patterns that you've so stubbornly set your mind on?  Well, I found this video that gives you a sneak peak at what challenges professional shoe designers face.



As you can see, the priority is to design the shoe for the comfort and for the functionality.  The artistic design takes a back seat.  If the shoe doesn't meet requirements of the wearer, it doesn't even make it out onto the sales shelves.  Sometimes designers have to swallow their pride.  I can attest to that being floral wrapper.  If the paying customer has other ideas about how the bouquet should be wrapped, I've got to be able to adjust my vision.

I think for designing the shoe, it's best to design the physicality of the shoe that meets the shoes' function first and then cut any shallow groovings or append any cosmetic layering on top of the base physical structure.


Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!