Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Stop Gap


It's been a little over 3 weeks since I've posted anything shoe related.  For those starving for new posts, here's something to keep you amused for the time being.  Hopefully, this will make you understand that I don't always have to be about the shoe.

 Wrap-pair Request

These 2 bouquets needed to be wrapped up and ready to be delivered in the morning.  I had to wrap these up the night before.  My co-worker knew he wouldn't have time in the morning and he hates floral wrapping.  Of course, I gladly fulfilled his request.  As you can see, I really took my time fancying them up.  I went with 2 different colour schemes, the autumn harvest tone and the feminine summer garden style.

Before my co-worker left work, I jokingly told him I'd make him look good (by wrapping on his behalf).  I think I ended up making the bouquets look good instead, lol.  All kidding aside, the most important thing is that I wrapped these bouquets in presentable condition.















Overlooked Delivery Request

A co-worker had taken a delivery request the day prior to me returning from my days off.  Nobody checked the floral form drawer.  It wasn't until 4:30 in the afternoon that the customer phoned in notifying that the bouquet that she had paid for hasn't been delivered to her intended recipient.  Of course, all of my morning co-workers had left and I was stuck dealing with the mishap.  Luckily for me, the lady was really nice about it and it wasn't too late to have the bouquet delivered by the end of that day.

I always take my time wrapping flowers but I made sure I did an extra good job with this one.  I wanted to exceed the recipient's expectations to make up for the late delivery.  In this bouquet, there was actually 3 separate bouquets combined - 2 5-stem gerbera bouquets and a bouquet mixed with a whole bunch of spray mums, alstros, and some babies' breath.  When I finished arranging the flowers to my satisfaction, I methodically multi-layered the thoughtfully chosen tissue colours so that the bouquet looked as though it could have naturally blossomed like that.  I also let the tissue fold naturally to avoid that uptight, artificial look.  I'm quite happy with the result and I'm sure I've made my customer forget about the mishap.  I hope I'm forgiven.  :-)




Improvised

I ran out of purple-coloured tissue so I had to work with what I had.  Greens always work with bouquets and no other colours I had left did so I went with a simpler wrap than usual.  I went with a matching purple ribbon to tie the colours of the carnation in with the bouquet and pair up the purple ribbon with the lime green ribbon to simulate the glow on the purple ribbon from the bouquet.  I didn't go with the dark green ribbon b/c the tissue down there was also dark green and the colour of the ribbon would get lost.  In other words, there'd be a lack of contrast and colour separation.  This didn't turn out to be one of my better wrap jobs but the effect was interesting enough for me to take a picture of it and post it here.



Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!