Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Monday, September 16, 2019

Death-Threat Accomplice Hides Her Deficiencies


Sept. 21 additional notes:  
When I say the death-threat accomplice "sacrifices" a lot of her free time for the store, I mean to say she over-volunteers at a lot of store charity events to hide her trouble-making lazy ways at work.  She also tends to befriend people who have political pull in the store.  For example:  She's trying to develop a strong bond with an 18-19 year old kid who is the son of a former supervisor.  She has also developed a so-called bond with two fairly-recently promoted department managers who are both in their early 20's.  This death-threat accomplice is over 55 years old.  The fake private investigator hits up on young kids in our store for his personal agenda too.  He is 62+ years old.  *head shake*

Pre-requisite reads:  

When you are confident in your abilities (as an employee), you just keep doing what you do best, without tooting your own horn by drawing attention to yourself (like a certain someone would).  You don't have to strain yourself to be who you're not (brown-nosing) and you don't have to put people down just to tread water.  However and unfortunately, my death-threat accomplice co-worker needed to do all of those things for those exact reasons.

When I first came to the Country Club store location in 2009, I never could have suspected her to be as vile as she has shown me to be.  Superficially, she's a social butterfly with a really bubbly personality and we've always gotten along (at first).  One day, I noticed a gloomy change in her attitude towards me.  Day by day that aura that a jealous person would radiate was becoming more and more prevalent.

In 2013, when I was returning to work from knee surgery, I gave her my doctor's letter stating what I can do and how many hours I should work.  My knee was still weak, so to save myself from walking up a whole flight of stairs, I was hoping she would submit the letter on my behalf.  I told her everything in the letter that the asst. store manager would see, so there should be no reason for her to open it.  However, she never gave him that letter and it almost cost me work hours.  

When she took the envelope from me, she had this evil look in her eyes and a malicious grin on her face as she pinched her index finger and her thumb together, onto the edge of the envelope and ran them back and forth from one end to the other.  Someone had suggested to me that people do that to warm up the glue to open the envelope (w/o wrecking it).  I always kept that in the back of my mind that she was out to ruin (my career) but I didn't want to react too soon so I'm not perceived as being too sensitive.  However, I ended up approaching her after I was notified by the asst. store manager that he didn't receive my doctor's report.  Her reaction?  Playing dumb, of course:  "Oh gee umm..."

After plotting her death-threat against me, I noticed 2 instances where she showed resentment (jealousy) towards me.  Firstly, I wrapped a big bouquet with a little more passion than usual.  As the lady walked past the service desk with it on her way out the door, the death-threat accomplice gave me this jealous, dirty look.  Secondly, a young kid and I came back in from doing a full round of shopping carts.  The kid was complimenting me on how fast we got it done because of the number of carts I can push at a time.  She then mumbled in resentment:  "Or nothing", meaning we could've faked like we didn't push any carts, which she knew was not true.

I watched this lady work and she has a hard time being productive.  Even when she does work hard, she looks really uncomfortable when she needs to sustain her diligence over a period of time.  When you work harder than her, she feels insecure about her job.  When you do something she likes better than she does, she gets jealous.  "When she decides she doesn't like you, you're in trouble", as one of our former co-workers would say about her.  All she does is make herself look busy when she really is neither doing nor accomplishing much.  She overuses the need to run stuff back to the store shelves to leave the self-serve checkouts and the service desk to dig dirt up on other people around the store who she doesn't even work with (that much).  She'll pretend she needs to provide customer service as a way to leave her duties and talk to people (employees and customers alike).

So how has she been able to hide her antics & deficiencies since 2005?  Brown-nosing, putting people down, and tattletaling is how.  When she brown-noses, she does things for the company out of her own time, more so than anyone in the store.  She acquiesces too much and pretends to agree with everything the managers say.  She'll notify security of as many people as she thinks can be labeled as shoplifters, even though a lot of those people are obviously not shoplifters.  She'll get people into trouble, like she did with me, to make herself look like she's being the extension of managers' orders (bossy).  She does all these things so she doesn't have to improve her productivity level.  

Also, if she knows you don't like her or if you've got something on her, she'll befriend everyone she sees you talking to and will go as far as to invite them over to her place for dinner.  She doesn't want people to see her other side, making her the classic two-facer.  Heck, she even tried brown-nosing me when she found out what had happened to me at Value Village.  Making sure I could hear her loud and clear, she said to another cashier that she would never support that company for the way it runs its operations.  Unless people need to have their emotional void in their asses fulfilled, they should realize that brown-nosers are usually up to no good.

I'm not going to speak for what managers think of me as their employee, but one thing's for certain.  The company values the death-threat accomplice's troublemaking contribution over a genuinely dedicated grocer who puts in just as much care into his job at work as he does towards his blog.  Perhaps I should brown-nose, tattletale, and commit a death-threat crime so the next time there's a conflict in the Save-on Foods workplace involving me, I'll be given the benefit of the doubt and I can automatically be appointed as the store's next shop steward.

Suggested Read:  Company Transparency Turned Brown



Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!