Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Why a Declined Request Bothers Me


**Scroll right to the bottom of this post for a direct answer to this article's heading**

Just to make sure people understand, I never oblige people to take on my request for shoe photos.  Either they feel like helping me out or they don't.  I get the best results when people are open and willing.  Therefore, they don't have to worry about being forced into posing for me against their own will.  If I sense an uneasy vibe when I ask, I remove myself away from that person right away to give them as little ammunition to slander me and to misportray my character.


**I want to get this article up as soon as I can but I'm appending more to this posting as we speak.  This is addressed to a specific person I've come in contact today.  I want her to see this...**


First of all, thank you N.F. for helping me out almost a year ago.  Until I find a quicker way to ©-stamp my photos, it will always take me a while to post everyone's shoe pics.  N.F. and others, I would like you to feast your eyes on this:




Even a simple composition like this takes 2 hours to complete.  Quite frankly, I'd be more than happy to help a "stranger" who can show me this level of creativity in the same way as I have to MY strangers!!

This is the complete thumbnail set of the shoe photos you've allowed me to take.  Tell me there isn't something in these photos that contain more than you've bargained for in a negative way.  In fact, I think you should take my request as a compliment - a compliment to your taste in style and the fact you look good in them.

Now, I want you folks to take a look at these shoes:








These are the Mizuno Wave Creation 15's - yellow/pink colourway that is rarely seen for sale, let alone being worn.  Now you tell me!  If you were a shoe photographer, would you let these shoes walk away without asking?  You know I run a shoe blog.  I've given you my business card quite a while ago and yet, you say you don't understand why I'm asking (again)??  Oh wait.  You must've not even looked at my blog at all and your reaction today signifies that you were skeptical even after the first photo shoot.  If you're that worried, why not browse through my blog right away.  I've worked very hard on the content of my website to legitimize such requests and not even once, did you bother to glance through it?  You're busy with your baby girl.  I get that, but you can't even spare 1 minute to open up your browser and it's taken me 3 hours to compose this article, let alone almost 2 years to compose everything up to this point.

Anyways, my point is, I don't expect everyone to help me out and that's okay.  I can always find someone else with something different on their feet.  What offended me was you imagined an ulterior motive to my request that wasn't even there.  You have zero excuses to be skeptical and zero excuses to not understand what my project entails!!  If you are that unreasonably defensive in nature, then the next time I see you, I won't even say hi to you, even though we're acquaintances well before the first photo request.  Angela, the Ladysmith thrift store shopper knows all about how I feel about her.  She tried to exchange pleasantries with me several times since then, but I would have none of it.  She knows she f*cked up but she's already permanently burnt the bridge b/n us.

Now, I had other plans tonight but it's good to see that my followers benefited from my agitated mood.  From now on, anyone who agrees to pose for me, why don't you just browse through my damn blog right away so we don't have to come to this point (the next time I ask you).

**Btw...did I do a good job letting it be known that I was agitated??  If not, I'm just going decide to ignore her from now on, let alone ask her for shoe pics.  Problem skeptic solved!!**

Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!