Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Customizing the Nike Zoom Pegasus 32



I scored myself a pretty good deal on some orange colourway of these shoes, which inspired me to play around with some colours of this particular model.  You too can customize these shoes at the NikeID store.

Playing it Safe:


I've always been big on combining colours that are harmonious with each other so that they wouldn't become an eyesore.  However, this sometimes can restrict creativity and can yield a dull end result.  Here's an example:









These shoes definitely wouldn't suit C.K. as this muted colour theme would not draw maximum attention that she would be seeking.  Refer to:  "Why I'm Getting More Attention than C.K." to know what I'm talking about.

Incorporating the Neon Yellow:


Not all colours are made available for each part of the shoe by the people at Nike but the one constant colour that keeps popping up is the neon yellow (volt).  I was torn between thinking how it might go well with the green and how it could just stick out like a sore thumb.  I decided to take the risk and here's what I got.
 

I slowly incorporated the neon yellow into the colour theme.  At first, I didn't think it worked very well but after looking at it for a second and third time, I found it to be quite interesting.  The picture directly above turned out to be the most creative.  The back heel looks it's getting more light exposure than the toe part of the shoe.  The colourway created that kind of an illusion.

Lastly, I wanted to see how I can neutralize the glare of the neon yellow.  This is what I came up with.




Why These Colours Work:


The reason why these colours work is because of the shade of green we are working with here.  This particular green has a bit of a blue tinge to it and the neon yellow has an ever-so-slightly green tint to it, allowing the green join one hand with one the yellow and the other hand with the blue.


Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!