Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Some People Really ARE That Bad


So in the early stages of my analysis of the death-threat ploy that was directed towards me, a family member wanted to tell his co-workers about my situation, but he couldn't.  He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that people would death-threaten me just for photographing people's shoes.  Yes, eventually I was able to figure out what Nanaimo's Frontrunners' motive was.  Still, however, the below example will clearly show that people can do bad things to each other without having a sensible reason.

I would highly recommend watching:  MacGyver Season 4 (ep 19) - "Unfinished Business".  A lady constantly seeks revenge to kill MacGyver.  In the end, she finds herself hanging off a ledge and seconds away from falling to her death.  MacGyver attempts to save her but she tries to stab him anyway and he had to relinquish the grip he had on her hand.  He couldn't understand why she did what she did.  

Jack Dalton gave MacGyver some comforting words that he did nothing to incite her actions and that it was her choice.  Pete sheds light on her actions by telling a very insightful story about a turtle and a scorpion, analogous to what had just happened.

The scorpion is the turtle's predator.  When they need to cross the river, the scorpion asks for the turtle's help.  The turtle thought he had nothing to lose by obliging because the turtle needed to stay afloat for the scorpion to make it across alive.  The scorpion stings the turtle anyway.  The turtle asks:  "Why?  Why did you do that?  Now we're both going to die."  The scorpion responds:  "Because it's my nature."


Do you see what I mean now?  My mom totally gets it.  She said to me:  "There really are people who're that bad out there.  You just haven't come across one yet to know."




Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!